Again, you get to build your own!
Healthy salad toppings:
- Fresh greens
- Chopped veggies
- Fresh fruit
- Dried fruit
- Low-fat dressing
- Whole grain rolls
- Turkey or chicken breast
- Crab or shrimp
- Avoid marinated beans and oily or creamy prepared salads.
- Use nuts, seeds, avocados and croutons in moderation.
- Use olives and egg in moderation.
- Avoid fried or “crunchy” toppings and crumbled bacon.
- Try a small amount of flavorful cheese such as Blue cheese instead of regular shredded cheese.