- Grilled cheese (ask for half as much cheese) on rye or whole wheat with a bowl of broth based soup or green salad
- Grilled chicken sandwich
- Club sandwich minus the bacon and mayo on whole wheat or rye
- Veggie burger with no mayo
- Sirloin Steak or grilled chicken dinner
- Side baked potato with a green salad
- Vegetarian Chili
- Turkey burger (only if they use lean meat- ask!) without mayo or cheese
- Chinese Chicken Salad without the fried noodles and dressing on the side. Make sure chicken is not “crispy.”
- Ask for a side of steamed veggies!
- Look into senior or kid portions- they’re smaller and cheaper!
- Order fruit or green salad instead of fries or creamy salads (potato, coleslaw, macaroni).
- Modify cobb or chef salads by choosing to keep only one high-calorie/fat item and leaving off the rest. For example, skip the blue cheese and bacon on a cobb but keep the heart healthy avocado.
- Skip the sour cream and butter on the baked potato and try salsa or lemon and chives instead.