Does your family do the usual sitting around the table, sitting around the family room, sitting around the desserts and never get active together? Here are some fun ideas that will get your family moving on Holidays and keep the kids entertained!
1. Red Rover in the backyard! You knowâ€¦ you played it awhile back. Make two lines, evenly split, and stand across your yard from each other. Hold hands and make a human wall. Red rover, red rover send Billy right over! Billy runs after your line and you try to stop him from going through your armsâ€¦ play nice!
2. Christmas Football! Itâ€™s always fun to get bundled up like your favorite team and play outside with mom, dad, grandpa and the kids. It will be a memorable Christmas and the pictures will be priceless!
3. No football? Play Frisbee! You can play the game of football with a Frisbee or a soft cushion ball if small children will be playing!
4. Too snowy outside? This can be a challenge depending on the house, but if you have room Twister is always fun with the kids and family!
5. Another indoor activity is arts and crafts. Make ornaments or decorations with everyoneâ€™s name on it standing around a table. Run to the local craft store and pick up glitter pens, glass or plastic balls, felt to cut out shapes and also ribbon to hang them. Just standing and making arts and crafts can burn twice as many calories as sitting on the couch! Plus--- next year you will have some new pretty ornaments.
Have an amazing Holiday everyone!
Katrina Hodgson, NASM CPT, BS Health Science, has helped thousands reach their goals by designing fitness programs with her workout videos and her website ToneItUp.com. As one of Diet.comâ€™s featured personal trainers she hopes to share her passion for fitness and continue to make a positive impact for the Diet.com community.