by Danielle Prestejohn
, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
I try to forget about it but I have a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter! So when I was stuck on what my next recipe should be I immediately came up with an idea: something combining my two favorites in Paleo form! Now peanut butter is not Paleo but these pancakes could easily be made Paleo with an almond butter swap! Enough talking about it... enjoy your peanut butter and chocolate!
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tbs. flax
- 1 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 small banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- 1 tbs. sunspire natural peanut butter chips or for Paleo (1 tbs. almond butter)
- In a bowl combine your flax, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder making sure to rid the mix of any clumps from the cocoa powder.
- Add in 1/2 of your banana mashed, the egg whites and almond breeze and mix.
- Lastly add in your peanut butter chips or almond butter for Paleo.
- In a skillet sprayed with olive oil spray cook your pancakes making sure to flip and cook on both sides.
- Top your pancakes with the other half of the banana sliced and a drop of peanut butter!
- Dessert for Breakfast is Served!
Makes 1 serving (4 small to medium sized pancakes)
What's your favorite candy???
I'm all for healthy living but sometimes you have to indulge!
Check out more delicious recipes at CleanFoodCreativeFitness.com.